Job no: 493717
Work type: Permanent full-time
Location: QLD Metro
Permanent Full-Time Role
- Join Australia’s leading energy construction & services company, currently delivering projects the across oil, gas, water, renewables, mining and other resources sectors.
- Additional role to support increasing needs of a growing company during an exciting time for the business.
- Largely autonomous transactional role, with opportunity to contribute to broader business development.
- Flexible work conditions will be considered for the right candidate!
About the Role:
Due to continued growth, MPC Kinetic is seeking an experienced in-house Legal Counsel to join the Pre-Contracts & Risk Team. Reporting to the Executive General Manager – Pre-Contracts & Risk who is legally qualified, and working co-operatively with another Legal Counsel, you will provide transactional support and guidance to all facets of the MPC Kinetic business. You will participate in the company’s work winning, risk and opportunity and procurement frameworks by providing practical legal advice on a wide range of commercial transactions, regulatory compliance and other corporate matters.
We are looking for someone who can add value to the business by applying common sense and innovative thinking to the strict legal position. Cultural fit is extremely important – you must be personable and uphold the values of the company.
Key technical attributes required for the role are:
- Prior in-house legal experience preferred, however law firm lawyers with the right attitude will be considered.
- 3+ yrs experience as a commercial lawyer within an engineering, mining and/or construction environment.
- Demonstrated experience in building positive relationships with bid and project teams as well as internal and external stakeholders (or ability to quickly acquire this capability).
- Demonstrated experience advising senior level personnel on commercial construction contracts.
- Excellent contract drafting, negotiating and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and skilled in managing competing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and persuasion skills and an ability to convey complex legal concepts in plain English.
Previous corporate experience, particularly company secretarial experience in a listing environment, is desirable but not essential.
About MPC Kinetic:
MPC Kinetic is a leading Australian energy, construction and services company providing the oil, gas, water and mining sectors with some of the world’s most innovative project solutions. That is where you come in! Make your mark with a company that knows there is always a better way and is dedicated to finding it. Tradition is what brought us here, but progress and innovation will move us forward. Want to know more? Head to our website at http://www.mpckinetic.com
Care. We are genuine and fair and have high expectations of ourselves. We are like family. We pull our weight and watch each other's backs. We care for our people because our people are who we are.
Solve. We understand our client needs because we collaborate. We align with clients to pursue efficiency and safety and, as partners, anticipate challenges and adapt. We embrace technology to deliver the solutions our clients need.
Deliver. Our focus on delivering value to our clients is paramount and is the cornerstone of our commercial relationships.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend