Job no: 493718
Work type: Permanent full-time
Location: QLD Regional
Categories: Safety/ Health/ Environment/ Quality
Location: Surat Basin
- Find your next career move with MPC Kinetic.
- Be a part of a company that support safer, greener and more efficient project outcomes.
About the Role:
MPC Kinetic is seeking an experienced Environmental Advisor to join our team. Reporting to the Senior Environmental Advisor, the ideal candidate for this position will be a motivated team player with experience in construction methods and environmental mitigation practices.
Specifically, responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring compliance to AS/NZS ISO 14001, Project EMS, approvals/permits and legislation.
- Assisting in the review, development and update of site Construction EMP’s and Environmental Field Control Plans, Procedures, work instructions and work method statements.
- Undertaking regular pre-clearance/disturbance inspections.
- Engaging in and completing regular site surveillance compliance inspections relating to erosion, drainage & sediment control structures; fauna/livestock; pest & weed; surface water; noise/vibration; air quality; waste and hazardous chemicals; reinstatement and rehabilitation.
- Updating relevant project HSSE registers and maintaining environmental records.
- Delivering toolbox talks and presentations to the local work group.
- Assisting in environmental audits of suppliers and subcontractors.
- Performing and undertaking regular monitoring/sampling programs where required.
- Providing general technical advice to the broader HSSE team and construction team.
- Undertaking incident investigations and reporting.
- Preparing regular reports relating to HSSE performance.
- A solid understanding of QLD EP Act, EPBC Act and relevant Petroleum Legislation.
- Experience on large engineering/construction/mining projects.
- Experience in the oil and gas sector (desirable).
- Proven track record in a similar role.
- Bachelor degree in Environmental Science/Natural Resource Management or related field.
- Auditing experience and associated auditor qualification relating to AS/NZS ISO 14001 framework (desirable).
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to work 19:9 roster.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples to apply for our positions.
About MPC Kinetic:
MPC Kinetic is a leading Australian pipeline, services and energy construction company providing the energy, water and mining sectors with some of the world’s most innovative project solutions. That is where you come in! Make your mark with a company that knows there is always a better way and is dedicated to finding it. Tradition is what brought us here, but progress and innovation will move us forward. Want to know more? Head to our website at http://www.mpckinetic.com/
Care: We are genuine and fair and have high expectations of ourselves. We are like family. We pull our weight and watch each other’s backs. We care for our people because our people are who we are.
Solve: We understand our client needs because we collaborate. We align with clients to pursue efficiency and safety and, as partners, anticipate challenges and adapt. We embrace technology to deliver the solutions our clients need.
Deliver: Our focus on delivering value to our clients is paramount and is the cornerstone of our commercial relationships.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now