Engineer/ Quantity Surveyor – Estimating Support
Job no: 493764
Work type: Permanent full-time
Location: QLD Metro
Remuneration: Attractive salary package to be negotiated
- Find your next career move with MPC Kinetic
- Be a part of a company that support safer, greener and more efficient project outcomes
- Contribute towards innovative ongoing projects
About the Role:
MPC Kinetic is seeking an experienced Engineer/ Quantity Surveyor – Estimating Support to join our Estimating team based at our Head Office in Brisbane. Reporting to the Estimating Manager, the ideal candidate for this position will be highly motivated with previous proven experience within the Construction/ Oil and Gas Industry.
The successful candidate for this position will be accountable for but not limited to delivery of the following:
- Assist in the preparation of documents for tenders and proposals.
- Prepare supplier and subcontractor packages for tenders.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with key suppliers and subcontractors.
- Liaise with suppliers and subcontractors to ensure proposals are received in a timely manner.
- Bid analysis of supplier and subcontractor pricing.
- Quantity take offs for tenders.
- Maintain supplier and subcontractor contact register.
- Maintain library of supplier and subcontractor quotes.
- Interpret plans and drawings to enable accurate estimating, project management and pricing.
- Undertake critical review of engineering drawings.
- Produce construction schedule / program for submission with tender.
- Compile historical data on projects under construction.
- 2 years’ experience working on similar complex projects within construction.
- Project/ cost engineering experience within the construction industry.
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying, Project Management or Civil/ Construction Engineering.
- Expertise with Programming/ Scheduling within P6 and MS Project.
- Refined time management skills and clear definitive written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy in everything that you do.
- Demonstratable behavioural qualities that align directly with MPC Kinetic Values.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples to apply for our positions.
About MPC Kinetic:
MPC Kinetic provides essential upstream services to the energy and resources industries. MPC Kinetic is built on the premise of ensuring our clients have the highest level of confidence while our team delivers their project – from concept through to completion. That is where you come in! Make your mark with a company that knows there is always a better way and is dedicated to finding it. Tradition is what brought us here, but progress and innovation will move us forward. Want to know more? Head to our website at https://www.mpckinetic.com/
Care: We are genuine and fair and have high expectations of ourselves. We are like family. We pull our weight and watch each other’s backs. We care for our people because our people are who we are.
Solve: We understand our client needs because we collaborate. We align with clients to pursue efficiency and safety and, as partners, anticipate challenges and adapt. We embrace technology to deliver the solutions our clients need.
Deliver: Our focus in delivering value to our clients is paramount and is the cornerstone of our commercial relationships.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend