Job no: 493786
Work type: Permanent full-time
Location: QLD Metro
About the Role:
MPC Kinetic are currently seeking applications for a Junior Accountant role to join our finance team in Brisbane in a full-time permanent capacity. Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the ideal candidate for this position will be highly motivated to support the broader finance team in dynamic environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Bank reconciliation inc. processing of direct debits and financing repayments.
- Ensure payment runs approved and payments released to bank for processing
- Maintenance and integrity checks of Fixed Asset Register
- Fixed Asset Register Reconciliation to General Ledger
- Preparation and lodgment of Activity statements
- Tax Fixed assed register maintenance
- Raise invoices for all business units as required
- Monitor and report on debtor ageing
Period end processing:
- Assistance with month end close in the accounting systems
- Process month end standard journals and accruals
- Ensure income and costs are allocated to the appropriate cost centres
- Reporting on debtors and creditors
- Update and release of prepayments
- Reconciliation of General Ledger accounts
- Assistance with the preparation of responses on audit requests
- Update FX revaluation inputs and post entries
Other day-to-day processing:
- Administrative tasks
- Australian Bureau of Statistics reporting
- Assistance with other tasks or projects as requested
What are we looking for?
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or studying towards
- Good analytical/financial skills
- Detail oriented with demonstrated ability for accuracy
- Well-developed organisational skills and multi-tasking capabilities
- Well-developed verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Intermediate Excel and Word skills
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples to apply for our positions.
About MPC Kinetic:
MPC Kinetic provides essential upstream services to the energy and resources industries. We are built on the premise of ensuring our clients have the highest level of confidence while our team delivers their project – from concept through to completion. That is where you come in! Make your mark with a company that knows there is always a better way and is dedicated to finding it. Tradition is what brought us here, but progress and innovation will move us forward. Want to know more? Head to our website www.mpckinetic.com
Care: We are genuine and fair and have high expectations of ourselves. We are like family. We pull our weight and watch each other’s backs. We care for our people because our people are who we are.
Solve: We understand our client needs because we collaborate. We align with clients to pursue efficiency and safety and, as partners, anticipate challenges and adapt. We embrace technology to deliver the solutions our clients need.
Deliver: Our focus in delivering value to our clients is paramount and is the cornerstone of our commercial relationships.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend