Quantity Surveyor / Contract Administrator
Job no: 493801
Work type: Permanent full-time
Location: QLD Regional
MPC Kinetic is seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor/Contract Administrator. Based on site, the successful candidate will have experience working on construction, mining or resources project and will be responsible for assisting the Commercial Manager in the effective management of the commercial and administrative aspects of the Project.
- Produce post tender bid evaluations, and with procurement including input into supply and subcontract agreements.
- Preparation of subcontract tender documentation, budgets, bills of quantities and other commercial documentation.
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjusting budget projections accordingly.
- Measure and value work completed on site and complete required reports.
- Assisting the Commercial Manager in completing bid analysis for procurement packages.
- Working closely with the Project Engineers on cost forecasting and budget management.
- Ensuring cost performance for applicable activities is in accordance with MPC Kinetic (MPK) requirements.
- Produce monthly progress claims for work completed by subcontractors / suppliers.
- Prepare information to support the head contract progress claim.
- Assist in monthly cost reporting and forecasting against budget.
- Assist with weekly/monthly contract progress reports.
- Prepare variation claims when they arise.
The successful candidate will need to be self-motivated, adaptable and able to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment. Relevant Tertiary Qualification in either Quantity Surveying; Contract Administration or other relevant qualifications, will be required. Additionally, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to work a fly in fly out (19/9) roster,
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with clients, subcontractors and industry associates.
- Financial, negotiating and change management skills.
- Good understanding of the construction process.
- Competent in Microsoft software.
- New Engineering Contract (NEC) experience desirable but not essential
- Jobpac experience desirable but not essential
- Display great drive and job focus
About MPC Kinetic:
MPC Kinetic provides essential upstream services to the energy and resources industries. MPC Kinetic is built on the premise of ensuring our clients have the highest level of confidence while our team delivers their project – from concept through to completion. That is where you come in! Make your mark with a company that knows there is always a better way and is dedicated to finding it. Tradition is what brought us here, but progress and innovation will move us forward. Want to know more? Head to our website at https://www.mpckinetic.com/
Care: We are genuine and fair and have high expectations of ourselves. We are like family. We pull our weight and watch each other’s backs. We care for our people because our people are who we are.
Solve: We understand our client needs because we collaborate. We align with clients to pursue efficiency and safety and, as partners, anticipate challenges and adapt. We embrace technology to deliver the solutions our clients need.
Deliver: Our focus in delivering value to our clients is paramount and is the cornerstone of our commercial relationships.
MPC Kinetic is committed to an inclusive workplace that fosters equal employment opportunity. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend